Layered cheese made with White Cheddar, Red Leicester, Wensleydale, Double Gloucester and Creamy Lancashire.
Chipping Show 2019 – Gold Award
Chipping Show 2015 – The Oliver and Lewis Jackson Memorial Cup for winner of Children’s Choice Class
Chipping Show 2013 – The Oliver and Lewis Jackson Memorial Cup for winner of Children’s Choice Class
Chipping Show 2013 – Gold Award
Chipping Show 2012 – Children’s Choice Trophy
Recipe – Stripey cheese, fennel and apple salad
Preparation time : 15 minutes
4 little gem lettuce
1 bulb fennel
2 dessert apples e.g Braeburn
250g/9oz Greenfields Stripey Cheese
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp cider vinegar
3 tbsp light olive oil
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp runny honey
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Trim the bases from the little gem lettuce then separate the leaves, wash and dry then put into a large bowl. Trim the stalks from the fennel, saving any feathery fronds. Cut in half then slice as finely as possible, alternatively chop into small pieces, add to the leaves.
2. Halve and quarter the apples, discard the core and slice thinly, add to the salad.
3. Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing until smooth, then pour over the salad and toss together. Divide between four serving plates.
4. Cut the cheese into slices, about 5mm/¼” thick, then cut lengthways into long strips about the same width. Lay the strips of cheese on the salad, some strips may fall apart.
5. Snip the chives and chop any fennel fronds then scatter over the salads.