Excellent combination of mature cheddar with mixed peppers, garlic & chilli – creating a hot, spicy and rich flavour.
Chipping Show 2014 – Silver Award
Chipping Show 2013 – Gold Award
Recipe – Spicy Cheese scones
Makes: 8-10 Scones
225g/8 oz self raising flour
55g/ 2 oz butter
55g/ 2 oz grated Greenfields Chilli Con Cheddar cheese
1 tsp salt
1 tsp mustard powder
150ml or so milk
1. Preheat oven to 220C. Sift flour, salt and mustard powder into a large bowl.
2. Rub butter into mix until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Mix in cheese.
3. Add enough milk to bind to a soft dough.
4. Tip mixture out onto well floured work surface and briefly knead to combine.
5. Roll out to a thickness of approx. 3/4-1 inch. Cut out scones with a scone cutter approx. 5cm/2 1/2 inches in diameter.
6. Bake on a baking sheet for 10 minutes or so until golden. Cool on a wire rack- these are GORGEOUS still warm.