Our Crumbly Lancashire Cheese has a fresh, slightly acidic flavour with a smooth and moist texture.
Lancashire Cheese was entirely farmhouse made until 1913 when the first factory cheese was made in a dairy at Chipping.
Crumbly Lancashire Cheese was first made in the early 1950’s at Chipping by Steven’s Grandfather, Timothy Procter. This was due to customers requesting a bright, white, moist, crumbly cheese as an alternative to the more traditional creamy and tasty varieties of Lancashire cheeses available at that time.
Chipping Show 2019 – Gold Award
International Cheese Awards Nantwich 2016 – Gold Award
British Cheese Awards 2019 – Gold Award
British Cheese Awards 2018 – Silver Award
Chipping Show 2017 – Silver Award
International Cheese Awards Nantwich 2016 – Silver Award
British Cheese Awards 2016 – Silver Award
International Cheese Awards Nantwich 2015 – Supreme Champion
International Cheese Awards Nantwich 2015 – Gold Award
Chipping Show 2015 – The Bob Kitching Memorial Trophy for the Supreme Champion Cheese
Chipping Show 2015 – Gold Award
British Cheese Awards 2015 – Silver award
Chipping Show 2014 – Gold Award
International Cheese Awards Nantwich 2014 – Bronze Award
British Cheese Awards 2014 – Bronze Award
British Cheese Awards 2013 – Gold Award
Chipping Show 2013 – Bronze Award
Chipping Show 2012 – Reserve Supreme Champion
Chipping Show 2012 – Best Lancashire Cheese in Show
British Cheese Awards 2012 – Silver
International Cheese Awards – Nantwich Gold Award 2012
International Cheese Awards – Nantwich Silver Award 2012
International Cheese Awards – Nantwich Bronze Award 2012
International Cheese Awards Nantwich 2015
Greenfields Crumbly Lancashire
In 2015 Greenfields won the Supreme Champion at the International Cheese Awards at Nantwich. More than 4,600 cheeses from 26 different countries all competed for a plethora of prizes. Our Crumbly Lancashire Cheese beat the World!
- Accompanying fruit cake or apple pie.
- Crumbled over salads.
- Omelettes & Soufflé’s.
Lancashire Cheese Recipes
Crumbly Lancashire Cheese & Roast Root Vegetable Salad
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
220g Greenfields Crumbly Lancashire Cheese
1.5kg selection of root vegetables
3 red onions
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt & pepper
Few sprigs of fresh thyme
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / 400F /gas mark 6.
2. Peel the vegetables and cut into approximately 1 inch chunks. If using pumpkin or butternut squash, cut these into slightly larger chunks as they cook more quickly. Peel the onions, leaving the root intact. Cut into quarters, lengthways through the root.
3. Put all the vegetables into a large roasting tin, drizzle over the oil and toss together. Season and scatter the thyme over the top.
4. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, turning the vegetables once during cooking.
5. Break the Crumbly Lancashire into small chunks and add to the vegetables.
6. Return to the oven and cook a further 10-15 minutes. When the vegetables are golden and the cheese is soft, remove from the oven & serve.
As a roasted vegetable or with salad leaves.